Constant Contact Contacts Redesign
- Third-highest call volume topic
- Confusion on how to manage contacts
- Unclear how to edit contacts
- Long-time customer requests that have gone unanswered
Areas of Focus
- Structure of main view: all contacts vs. list of lists
- Empty states to provide guidance
- Viewing & editing individual contact details
- Default to list of lists since all contacts must be on a list in order to send them emails
- Leverage empty states to guide users through available options
- Reduce number of page views for viewing & editing individual contacts
- Priortize & address customer requests
Focus Area: Main view
The orignial organization of the main view focused on all contacts in the system. The proposed solution shifted that focus to a list of lists to reiterate that contacts must be on a list in order to be able to send them emails.
Redesigned Contacts View: Default to list of lists
Redesigned Contacts View: List of contacts
Focus Area: Individual contact view
Originally, when viewing and editing contact details, users were directed to a new page. The proposed solution is to provide contact details in a modal to help ground the user in context.
Focus Area: Empty state
Orignial empty states defaulted to directing customers to view all contacts. The proposed solution will give users the option for ways to fill that list with contacts.